on hers and read the knit-a-long that she joined. The biggest problems that I saw cropping up for people were bra coverage and front rolling. I know that the straigh across neckline isn't the best for me so I set about making modifications.
At Sophie's suggestion, I used the Shapely Tank pattern for the idea for bust short rows. But that pattern still calls for a round neck instead of a V. I knit the first one using the second size from the original pattern for the bottom and my measurement size from the shapely tank for the top, but substituting a v-neck for a round neck. When I got done, there were some things I didn't like about the way it hung, it was too big around, and the v-neck was too high.
So I started over, ripping the first one as I knit the second. I knit the bottom of the tank from the original pattern, smallest size. Then for the top I used the smallest size of the shapely tank pattern for the back and a bigger size for the front. I did six repeats of short row (I had only done four on the first edition) and they fall right under the armhole in the front. Then as soon as I finished the short rows I started the v-neck. I did garter stitch around the neck and armholes, making one set of short rows across the back of each arm hole for better side to side bra coverage.
I'm much happier with the result. It hangs straight and doesn't have excess fabric. It covers what it's supposed to cover, but it's nice and cool. The lace pattern on the bottom gives good ventilation for those hot days. For yarn I used Reynolds Saucy Sport, so it's machine washable, and size 7 needles.