Monday, August 27, 2007

Felted clogs, post felting


Felted clogs, post felting
Originally uploaded by Loretta
Well these couldn't have come out any better. I used Fiber Trends Felted Clogs pattern and Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. They knit up really fast on size 13 needles with a double stand of Lamb's Pride. Beverly Galeskas is a woman after my own heart the way she writes patterns. Everything ties up neatly into the finished clog. The double soles give you a neat place to hide ends without too much trouble.

I met Beverly Galeskas at my much missed old LYS that closed in 1998 when the owner retired. No other shop in town has replaced it either in merchandise or vibe. Then I met her again at a Stitches West in 1994 I think it was. Anyway, she's nice. It turns out that one of my classmates this year in the PTA program is her step-daughter. How's that for a nice degrees of separation thingie.

I made these for a Christmas present and now everyone (including me) wants some. So I started "Felted Clogs for Christmas Part II" this June, but this time in Cascade 220, which also came out nice. Pictures later...

No comments: