Thursday, August 03, 2006

Crocheted sleeve steek


Crocheted sleeve steek
Originally uploaded by Loretta.


After knitting the sweater body to the top of the shoulders I did a three needle bind off to join the tops of the shoulders. Then I crocheted up and down one of the sleeve steeks and cut the sitiches between the rows of crochet.


Here is a picture of the cut steek









Then I picked up stitches around the cut steek for the sleeve. It will be knit down from the shoulder to the wrist, repeating the color patterns from the body (except upside down).

2 comments:

Kate A. said...

It looks great! I'm watching the process with baited breath, as it's the one I'm planning to tackle next, once I finish UFO August. I've never done crocheted steeks before, so it's really encouraging to see how little trouble you had with them...

Miss Knotty said...

That is SO cool. Wowee!

P.S. I'm loving that steek-the-turtleneck thing you did with your sister's sweater from Scotland. That was ingenious!

-Miss Knotty