Thursday, August 03, 2006

Alpaca silk scarf


Alpaca silk scarf
Originally uploaded by Loretta.
My hands needed a break from the fair isle, because I stupidly pushed past my limits on Saturday night in a fever to get the sleeve started. You'd think I'd know better. I probably should have taken a whole day off, or maybe two. But my friends Renee & Sophie were visiting and that visit included a trip to the yarn store and knitting while watching videos. Sigh, I had to knit something. I had two skeins for Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk that I had picked up from the clearance shelf of one of my less frequented yarn shops. What to do with 2 small skeins of yarn?

I cast on about 300 (give or take) stitches to size 9 needles, then I knit back and forth in garter stitch until I was about out of yarn, then bound off and used the reat of the yarn for fringe.

The resulting scarf seen here is about 6 feet 5 inches long exclusive of the fringe and is very soft. It wraps nicely around my neck a few times, or I can wear it folded in half with the ends passed through the loop. I'm ready for winter (all but the dark nights, *shiver*)

No comments: