Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sunburst sweater Finished


Sunburst sweater front
Originally uploaded by Loretta.
Then I figured out that it's darn hard to get a picture of this one. Much of the interesting stuff is on the back. I had my husband take several pictures of me wearing it, but I just couldn't get what I wanted. I finally took a picture of the back of the sweater with him wearing it (proving what a good sport he is). It's still not exactly what I wanted but oh well. I'm hoping to get a some good pictures of my mom in it when I give it to her. It's a mother's day present, but I'm going out to visit at the end of June, so I though I'd wait and give it in person.

I thought I wasn't going to like the drop stitch bottoms of the sleeves, but it turns out that I do. It makes the sleeves bell out and lightens them up quite a bit. I still haven't knit the i-cord ties, but I was thinking about a button/loop for the inside and then the ties for the outside.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I love the sweater! Which yarn did you use? I'm thinking about taking this on as a fall project, but using a washable yarn.

I hate knitting i-cord. I'm sure I could substitute some ribbon for the ties.