Saturday, May 20, 2006

Knit Picks Palette Fair Isle Sampler Cardigan and it's chart

Having finished the Sunburst Sweater, I played around with it a bit before I started in on this one. It's going pretty fast (about one stripe pattern per day). I started it last Saturday and have mostly been knitting it on the bus on the way to school and outside on the lawn at school between classes. I suppose I should have been in the library studying, but the weather was so nice it just didn't scream "Come inside and do statistics problems!"

This is done in the traditional fair isle fashion with a steek for the front which will eventually be cut to make it a cardigan. As soon as I get to armpit depth, I'll be inserting steeks for the armholes. I'm pretty sure I'm going to crochet the steeks. I experimented with different steek styles when I was teaching a cardigan class in the Spring of 2004. The crochet steeks were nice and neat and easy to do without hauling out the sewing machine. I do already have the machine out as I was making sand bags for my yoga teacher's studio. But that's another project.

I do like the yarn a lot and the sampler pack is quite nice with all the colors they have. The price can't be beat either. I will definitely make some more things form this yarn.

I'll take pictures of the crocheted steeks when i get to them.

2 comments:

Kate A. said...

Ooh, I'm so excited to see your Palette sampler in process! I have the yarn for it, and am just trying to finish up a couple of old WIPs before I can dive into it. I will definitely check back to see your progress - it sure looks beautiful so far! The colors really pop - more so even than in the pictures that come with the pattern.

Loretta_S said...

I'll definitely post more pictures.