Monday, November 28, 2005

On the needles this Monday


Moebius in work
Originally uploaded by Loretta.
It's cold outside. There was frost on the ground this morning which is a rare occurence here. So I trundled off to the bus stop wearing the new yorrick scarf, the new lotus moebius hat, mittens, and a sweater under my coat. I felt like Ralphie's little brother on A Christmas Story. But it was a good opportunity to bundle up in my handknits and you never do know how long you'll be at the bus stop or what the angle of the sun will be there.

For knitting on the bus I'm working this moebius scarf out of some hand spun yarn I bought at the local weaver's guild show a few years ago. I'll probably have enough of this for another scarf. Maybe I'll add in something fuzzy for the second one.

2 comments:

Sophie_vf said...

This looks like so much fun, Loretta - and perfect bus knitting - nothing to drop and roll under the seats! These colours are fabulous too.

Loretta_S said...

I did drop one of the bead stitch markers that you made on the bus the other day as I was casting off half the stitches for the crown of the lotus. But luckily it dropped into my seat and I was able to pick it up as I got off.