Thursday, November 24, 2005

Almost finished sweater


Almost finished sweater
Originally uploaded by Loretta.
This is my next to last finished project. Gee if I did this in reverse chronological order I'd almost have a knitting log. Aside from the difficulty of located all of my knitted pieces, and the time involved, it's a great idea.

Anyway, this sweater is made from Reynold's Lopi from the Lopi Toggle Cardigan pattern. I started it this spring and then somehow between the bottom color chart on the sleeves and finishing the unpatterned body, I lost the pattern. I even lost the copies I made of it to enlarge the tiny little writing and the tiny little chart. I spent many hours looking for the pattern. I even looked in all of my knitting books because I have a habit of tucking single sheets inside of books. No luck.

So I finally decided to just buy another copy of the pattern so I could finish the darn thing. It was worth it, because the sweater is fabulous.

I did change my mind about the closure and will sew in a zipper instead of the toggle buttons called for in the pattern. I haven't been to my local sit & knit for a while, but I'm glad I went this week because I got some great zipper sewing in tips from Frank, a fisherman & knitter, who knits the traditional Salish Coast/Cowichan sweaters. I might even put in some side seam pockets. Which leads me to a question. Is a sweater ever really done?

1 comment:

Andrea Rusin said...

I'm sorry you had to buy the pattern twice, but really... I'm glad you did. You have a beautiful sweater there!